Rockwood Middle School Library Standards for Learning-
By the end of the School Year, the following standards will be addressed and/or mastered:
- Read and comprehend various outlets of literature at the high end of each grade level text complexity, independently and proficiently.
- Read and comprehend literary nonfiction at the high end of each grade level text complexity, independently and proficiently.
- Effectively engage in a range of collaborative discussions (one-on-one, in groups, and teacher-led) with diverse partners on grade level topics, texts, and issues, building on others' ideas and expressing their own clearly.
- Present claims and findings, emphasizing points in a focused, coherent manner with relevant evidence, sound valid reasoning, and well- chosen details; use appropriate eye contact, adequate volume, and clear pronunciation.
- Gather relevant information from multiple print and digital sources, using search terms effectively; assess the credibility and accuracy of each source; and quote or paraphrase the data and conclusions of others while avoiding plagiarism and following a standard format for citation.
- Understand basic operations and concepts of technology.
- Use technology communications tools.
Welcome to the Library Page. Please use the menu to the right to access Links, Course Descriptions, and Information About STEAM!
Take a moment to subscribe to see what is going on in the RMS Library during the 2017-2018 school year.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns! I look forward to another excellent year at Rockwood Middle School!